Celebrating 1 Year As An Analytics Columnist At ClickZ
One of my favorite aspects in my role on the Google Analytics team is providing users guidance for how to get the most out of the product (and how to become a better marketer overall). This is important as data is everyone’s domain and also a huge growth opportunity for those who want to specialize.
To help our industry, in addition to this blog I started writing a contributed column at ClickZ more than one year ago. I typically haven’t x-posted here as I share these stories via Twitter and Google+, but thought it would be worth sharing a wrap-up of my posts over the last year to explore what you might find useful:
- Automate Dashboard Updates to Focus Your Time on Analysis (August, 2013)
- 3 Questions to Ask Your New Digital Analytics Team Member (July, 2013)
- Ideas for Getting Started With Measurement Planning (June, 2013)
- Using Web Analytics to Create What People Will Actually Care About (May, 2013)
- Mobile Isn’t for B2B or B2C, It’s for Everyone (May, 2013)
- 3 Reasons to Go Beyond Last-Click Attribution (April, 2013)
- Why Loyalty Is a Killer Metric for Your Mobile App (March, 2013)
- 3 Technical Reports the Best Marketers Can’t Live Without (February, 2013)
- Data-Driven Leadership Is Your Organization’s Future (November, 2012)
- What You Should Know About Measuring Your Mobile App (October, 2012)
- 4 Ideas for Better Social Media Measurement (August, 2012)
- 6 Best Practices for Digital Marketing Agency Reporting (July, 2012)
As a note, the entire staff at ClickZ is fantastic to work with, friendly and produces top notch content (both online and at in-person events). The site as a whole should be among your daily reads if you’re in marketing, PR or at any brand / startup interested in improving your digital IQ.