2009 Wrap Up Of The Future Buzz
2009 was a big year for me personally and professionally. Just a few highlights include:
- Moving from South Florida to Minneapolis to work at TopRank Online Marketing.
- Speaking at PubCon 2009, liveblogging SES San Jose, liveblogging MIMA 2009, and participating in various other marketing industry events.
- Contributing content to A-list blogs such as Online Marketing Blog and LouisGray.com.
- Releasing a new album of original music as a free download (and being featured for it on the Creative Commons blog). Also releasing a social media mixtape.
- Lots of great conversations generated around the web.
- 2 awards won for previous campaigns.
Additionally, this year has been prolific for my marketing blog, The Future Buzz. Following is a quick wrap of 2009:
- There were 149 new posts published, bringing the total number of posts to 343. On average, there was a new post published every 2.4 days.
- Posts on this site were viewed more than 500,000 times this year.
- Visitors came from 200 countries/territories: top 5 are US, UK, Canada, Germany and Australia
- On January 1, 2009 The Future Buzz community size was 696 subscribers. As of December 24, 2009 there were 6,211 subscribers – a 792% increase.
- 3,863 sources and mediums sent traffic to The Future Buzz this year. The top 5 sources were Google, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Delicious and Facebook
- 5 blogs who referred the most traffic here in 2009 were Conversation Agent, Web Strategy blog, Techdirt, Mashable and Daily Blog Tips.
What posts did the web find most compelling?
10 Most Popular Posts during 2009 At The Future Buzz
1. Social Media, Web 2.0 And Internet Stats (79,879 views)
2. Blog Post Ideas That Always Generate Buzz (22,287 views)
3. 19 Reasons You Should Blog And Not Just Tweet (20,961 views)
4. 25 Examples of Clean, Effective And Beautiful Web Design (19,167 views)
5. 50 Viral Images (and how they spread) (12,146 views)
6. 50 Inspirational Images From Flickr Under Creative Commons (10,778 views)
7. 50 Stunning Images From Flickr Under Creative Commons (10,580 views)
8. 50 Viral Images Part Two (10,508 views)
9. 42 Marketing Lists From The Future Buzz (10,263 views)
10. Social Media Is Like The Matrix (8,846 views)
What’s on the docket for 2010?
- New design/branding for The Future Buzz and my social web presence (I’ll be sharing a sneak preview soon).
- New music (be sure to subscribe to my music blog if you want to stay up to date on that).
- Lots more content both here and on other sites I contribute to.
- Guest posting from select marketing/media professionals and artists at this blog (feel free to connect if you want to contribute to this community).
- Presenting at several conferences/events globally (first up is LeadingRE Annual Conference in March alongside Guy Kawasaki and others).
Hope you’ll stick with me into the next year and continue to participate in marketing, media and PR discussions.
Leave a comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like to see in 2010 or offer any feedback about 2009.